Friday, October 26, 2018

18: Custom Avatar

I want to sell my product to Universities instead of individual students, as my previous interviews showed me how unlikely students would purchase a calendar app, and would be more likely to use it if their university provided and endorsed it. 

My ideal universities to sell this app to are those with medium to larger sized student bodies, somewhere between 25,000 to 50,000 students. I prefer to start small and grow bigger, but ultimately large universities like UF have a greater need for a product like this as they would have a larger variety of educational applications the students use and a larger amount of clubs and events happening around campus to keep track of. Another goal would be to zero in on top rated public universities, as these are places that thrive on student involvement and student achievement, which can be increased with a more organized space. 


Take for instance the comparison between University of Florida and University of Tampa. UF has 52,367 students and over 1,000 clubs, where as UT has only 8,310 students and only about 200 clubs. It would be in my best interest to start at a small university like University of Tampa, but my app should have an end goal of being a regularly used product at a large university, a place where students can use all of its features and greatly improve their academics. 

Image result for university of tampa logo
Image result for uf logo✅                                    ❌


No comments:

Post a Comment