Thursday, October 4, 2018

11A Idea Napkin No. 1

Me - I am a management major and an IA student. I have past experience of creating things; taking my ideas from sketches to physical products. I love having a clean and organized planner and find I am more productive and active if I log everything. 

My Offer - A calendar app that automatically syncs a students schedule, along with assignment due dates, club meeting times and locations, sports events, and more depending on what works for them. 

Who - Busy university students that have multiple calendars and not enough time to plan. Perfect for those in multiple clubs, works or volunteers, and is full time students.

Why - Having several calendars that only serve one purpose is frustrating and inefficient, and often leads to students missing assignments or events and being completely disorganized. 

My Secret Sauce - I am an extreme organizer, I cannot work unless my space and mind is stress free. I found myself having a major problem with Canvas, as my assignments from MyLab don't show up on the Canvas calendar. I had to look for alternative ways to organize but found none that worked for me, as I am very particular about my planner (weird I know but it matters). I have website building experience and a good sense of organizing and design, making it easy for me to actually create this product. 

I think my product and plan is solid. There is a need out there, especially as we move closer to a paperless world. I also think it fits well for me, as I face this problem everyday and can be the one to fix it if I want to. My weakest of the five would be the who, as there are so many subsets that could use this app, but have different needs and can be hard to define. 

1 comment:

  1. I would definitely purchase one of your planners since I have so much going on in my life. Starting up a business, volleyball and golf clubs, Entrepreneurship collective club, DJ'ing, surfing and playing the guitar. I need to plan my schedule for weeks in advance to meet my required responsibilities. I would need this schedule to plan my daily tasks for sure. I think your target audience is met, but remember to include the businessmen that also have a lot of tasks to follow.

    ReplyDelete